What will I be doing?
As a fundraising administrative assistant volunteer you will support the Regional Development Managers and Supporter Services team to deliver a high level of care to supporters by providing efficient support in an administrative capacity.
Specific tasks may include;
- Assisting with administrative office tasks including mailings, printing and reporting
- Organising and sending fundraising materials to supporters
- Assisting the Supporter Service Executive with the post opening
- Assisting with data processing
- Potentially volunteering at cross charity events
- Inputting data onto Raisers Edge database
- Updating Regional Development Managers and Executives on a regular basis.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An interest in volunteer led fundraising
- Enthusiasm for the cause and determination to make events a success
- Good organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and an ability to maintain records
- Ability to respond proactively to new opportunities
- Strong research skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to and an understanding of disability issues, equal opportunities and diversity
- The ability to work well with staff and other volunteers as part of a team but also on your own initiative.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Muscular Dystrophy UK and to supporting our vital work
- The enjoyment of meeting new people in your community and working as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in fundraising, marketing and communication
- The chance to gain experience of working within a leading charity
- Training on Raisers Edge data base
- You will receive a full induction and further information about Muscular Dystrophy UK
- Your volunteer manager will work with you to identify your development goals through monthly 1:1’s and help you work to achieve these
- Travel and food expenses reimbursed if volunteering for a full working day or more
Where will I be based?
This role would be based in the London office.
How much time do I need to commit?
We are looking for someone to commit to volunteering for a minimum of one day a week for a minimum of 3 months. However, there may be opportunities for you to give more/less time.
What support will I be given?
A dedicated member of staff will guide and support you in your work plus you will receive supporting materials, a full induction to the charity and specific training, where appropriate, to help you get the most from your role.