As part of our Work Experience Project Moving Up, Trailblazers are hosting our first ever Employment Skills Weekend. The fully funded conference will take place on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th May in London with free rooms available at the Premier Inn Archway and sessions taking place at the Holly Lodge Community Centre. Both locations are fully accessible with ceiling hoists in hotel rooms. You’re welcome to come for the whole weekend or pick and choose sessions that interests you.
Our speakers and hosts are well aware of the challenges facing young disabled people looking for work and all sessions will be tailored for those with disabilities.
The weekend will take into account the whole process of finding the right job for you, from assessing what type of companies you want to work for, different ways to get interviews and what to do in the interview itself. We’ve developed a range of activities with a fantastic range of speakers to take you through this process.
- Our interactive careers development session will allow you to identify your skills, research career options and set targets. It will be run by PUSH, who provide live interactive careers workshops across the country.
- Amnesty International are running a session on professional networking
- Come to a personal CV consultation with the Head of Governance – Security Risk at HSBC, through our drop in sessions.
- We’ll be running a Q&A about working with a disability or health condition, where you’ll have the opportunity to ask any queries in a safe environment.
- Finally, what happens when you attain that all important interview? Moving Up project officers Isabel and Emma will be running a fun interactive mock interview workshop to give you the chance to practice your skills in a friendly environment.
The weekend is not just about attending those vital skills workshops, but it also a chance to make friends and blow off steam. We’ll be hosting an evening social at the Premier Inn for all those who want to make the most of being in such a friendly, supportive group.
Book your place and get involved!
If you’re a young disabled person looking to develop your employment skills, in a friendly environment, you can sign up for the conference online here or email Emma Vogelmann on email@example.com or Isabel Baylis on firstname.lastname@example.org