“Before I read the CMT symptoms card, I had no idea that my breathing difficulties at night could be related to having CMT and that sleep apnoea was common to
people with this condition. I am excited to see the launch of the CMT symptoms card and hope that it will be able to help other people in the UK with CMT, as much as it has helped me.”
Judith Wellby, who has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT)
If you or a member of your family has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the right specialist healthcare can make a significant difference to the quality and length of life. There are lots of helpful resources to help make sure you receive the right care.
We also have information for healthcare professionals who provide care to people living with CMT
Key information currently available
In case of an emergency
- The CMT symptoms card explains vital and specific issues that affect people with the condition. It gives families the security of knowing they can easily make sure emergency healthcare professionals have
the right information.
Please order your card by emailing email@example.com or calling the Freephone helpline on 0800 652 6352.
Muscular Dystrophy UK have created factsheets on Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and other aspects of the living with the condition.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease factsheet
- An introductory guide for families with a child newly diagnosed with a muscle-wasting condition
- Exercise advice for adults with a muscle-wasting condition
- Exercise and Orthoses advice for children with a muscle-wasting condition
- The neuromuscular Centres of Excellence show an extremely high standard of clinical care and comprehensive diagnostic services.
- We have created a video featuring health professionals, individuals and families affected by CMT talking about the specialist care people with the condition need.
For health professionals
- We have created a video on the best-practive healthcare required for people with muscle-wasting conditions that aids health professionals in their work
- We have a dedicated section of our factsheet library with information for professionals on how to care for people with conditions such as CMT
- Our research news keeps you up-to-date with the latest news on research topics relating to CMT
- Information about clinical trials and research progress in CMT
- Find out about CMT research that MDUK is funding
Get in touch
If you would like to order a copy of any listed publications, or talk to someone about any of the information on this page, please contact our Information and Support Team:
- Phone our free helpline: 0800 652 6352 (Mon-Fri, 8.30am-6pm)
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.