What our Trailblazers Ambassadors say…
Almost 250,000 people are estimated to need a Changing Places toilet in the UK. This includes:
- 40,000 people with profound and multiple learning disabilities
- 130,000 older people
- 30,000 people with cerebral palsy
- 13,000 people with an acquired brain injury
- 8,500 people with Multiple Sclerosis
- 8,000 people with Spina Bifida
- 500 people with Motor Neurone Disease
An estimated 70,000 people live with a muscle-wasting condition in the UK. Many of those would benefit from the use of a Changing Places toilet.
There are almost 1,000 Changing Places toilets in the UK today.
The #FitToBurst campaign
To take part in the #FitToBurst campaign, you can:
- Tweet local businesses asking them to install a Changing Places toilet, tagging @MD_Trailblazers in the tweet
- Tweet your local elected representatives to ask them to do a #FitToBurst challenge and support our call for more Changing Places toilets
- Share the memes on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms using the hashtag to spread the word