The Christmas Raffle has now been drawn. To join the Spring 2019 Great Muscle Raffle, please click here.
Thank you to everyone who took part – your support through playing in the raffle helps us be here for children like Jenson
When Jenson Edwards’ parents, Hannah and Craig, found out that Jenson had Duchenne muscular dystrophy, they felt numb.
Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a rare condition that causes muscles to weaken and waste over time. The condition affects the muscles in the legs first, but then also the upper body, the heart and the lungs. It mainly affects boys, and most will lose all ability to walk by age 12. By age 30, the condition is likely to have stopped their heart.
From day dot, we thought, ‘How are we going to make this better for Jenson?’ We knew we were going to need support, and while searching for organisations who could help, we came across MDUK and the services they offered ticked all the boxes.
With your support, we can continue to fund world-class research into conditions such as Jenson’s and offer support and advice to his family and every other family and individual living with a muscle-wasting condition in the UK .
If you have any questions about the raffle, please contact us on 01628 201 289 or email email@example.com
- The Christmas Raffle 2018 is operated under Great Britain legislation so please note entrants from outside Great Britain must ensure that entering is allowable under their local state or county laws.
- If you do not live in Great Britain and you have received tickets, please return them using the envelope provided or to the address above.
- Muscular Dystrophy UK supports responsible gambling. For more information and advice visit www.begambleaware.org
- No ticket to be sold to any person under 18 years of age. Any ticket-holder found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- No ticket to be sold to or by any person in a street.
- Late entries will be treated as a donation. If you have a complaint or query please call 01628 201 289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please return any unsold tickets.
- Winners will be notified by post or telephone within four weeks of the draw date.
- The winner’s photo may be requested for future publications.
- Donations may be used to reduce the cost of this raffle, allowing more profits to be contributed towards our projects.
- Draw date: 14 December 2018. Promoter – Cecile Laurent, Head of Individual Giving and Supporter Engagement, Muscular Dystrophy UK.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Muscular Dystrophy, 61A Great Suffolk Street, London SE1 0BU
Registered Charity No. 205395 and Registered Scottish Charity No. SC039445
You can read our raffle policies here.
NICE appraisals debate in Parliament
We have heard today that, subject to sign-off, Spinraza
Prof Laurent Servais joins MDUK Oxford Neuromuscular Centre
Clay Cross Probus Club hold a charity race-night raising £1,000!