The Christmas Raffle 2020 is now open!
And by playing in the Raffle, you’ll not only be joining the fight against muscle-wasting conditions, but you’ll also be in with a chance to win some wonderful prizes! Play today and you could win:
- 1st prize: £3,000
- 2nd prize: £250
- 3rd prize: £50
Imagine winning a prize like that – just in time for Christmas! You could treat your loved ones to some last-minute gifts, buy something you’ve always wanted for your home, or perhaps start planning a dream getaway for the New Year.
You can make a huge difference by playing the Christmas Raffle. All proceeds go towards supporting our work to beat muscle-wasting conditions.
Congratulations to the winners of our Fast Entry draw, which was drawn on 2 November 2020: Mr Moore, COVENTRY; Mr James, WORCESTER PARK; Mrs Bircham, MIDDLESBROUGH; Mr Frame, CARRICKFERGUS; Mrs Katz, STANMORE; Mrs Williams, WARRINGTON; Mrs O’Hara, NANTWICH; Mr Pemberton, ILMINSTER; Miss Millar, CALLANDER; Mr O’Connor, LIVERPOOL; Ms Pearce, BOGNOR REGIS; Mrs Price, BILLERICAY; Mr Deacons, AIRDRIE; Mrs Richardson, EDINBURGH; Miss Williams, BARRY; Mr Hooper, WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA; Mrs Richardson, STANMORE; Mrs Cuthbert, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE; Mrs Wright, STAMFORD; Mr Ghosh, DUNMOW.
Our main prize draw will take place on 14 December 2020.
Enter today to help MDUK be here for more children like Will.
Will Calvert was just three-and-a-half years old when he was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Will’s mum Caroline says,
It’s hard to put into words how everything changes after a diagnosis like Will’s. It just hits you like a hammer, and then you feel numb. MDUK has been there for us since the beginning. From advice on home adaptations, to information about Will’s condition, to updates on the current research. The support we receive is amazing and there are no words to explain how much hope it gives us.
Every ticket you buy will help us fund pioneering research into treatments for muscle-wasting conditions and helps us continue to provide vital support services to improve the lives of individuals and families living with these conditions.
So enter the Christmas Raffle today – you really will be making a difference.
If you have any questions about the raffle, please contact us on 01628 201 289 or email email@example.com
- This Raffle is only open to residents of the UK over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Muscular Dystrophy UK
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize – £3,000, 2nd Prize – £250 and 3rd Prize -£50. There are no alternatives to any prize
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final
- Based upon the number of entries in our raffles during 2019 the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 8,913
- Of the proceeds received in ticket sales in the Christmas Raffle 2020, just 10% went on expenses, 12% on prizes and a fantastic 78% came back to Charity to fund our work
- Entries must be received by 9th December 2020
- Late entries will be transferred to the next raffle
- The draw will be held on 14th December 2020
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website (or charity website) within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Muscular Dystrophy UK PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Muscular Dystrophy UK to contact the winner, then Muscular Dystrophy UK will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The Muscular Dystrophy UK policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
Muscular Dystrophy UK is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 47915. Responsible person: Catherine Woodhead, Chief Executive, Muscular Dystrophy UK, 61A Great Suffolk Street, London SE1 0BU. Registered Charity No. 205395 and Registered Scottish Charity No. SC039445
You can read our raffle policies here.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org
Highlighting Changing Places on World Toilet Day 2020
TalkMD is an online community for people to chat with others
Looking at microdystrophin in the heart
Gamer takes part in 14-hour arcade challenge for MDUK