Muscular Dystrophy UK is delighted to announce a one day training event for the volunteers and charity ambassadors who make such an enormous difference by supporting and representing others living with neuromuscular conditions.
The event, which will also be available to people who would like to get more involved in supporting others with muscle-wasting conditions, will be held on Saturday November 18th at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC.
There will also be places for people who are new to the charity or keen to get more involved so please do get in touch if you would like to apply to take part.
The day will include workshops that support people in a number of ways to:
- influence and engage with local decision makers/influential groups
- identify ways you can influence the NHS and local authorities
- develop your skills when speaking to the media
- give financial and practical advice to others living with a neuromuscular condition
- organise successful fundraising events
- ensure they are looking after themsleves when supporting others
To find out more about the event and to enquire about attending please email Bobby Ancil on email@example.com