Join our London Marathon Team!
Join Muscular Dystrophy UK in one of the biggest sporting events in the world. Our #TeamOrange members tell us the London Marathon is much more than just a marathon; it’s an experience of a lifetime.
Registration is £100 and we require you to raise a minimum sponsorship of £1,750.
If you would like to be considered for a place please fill in the application form below. A member of the Muscular Dystrophy UK events team will then be in touch to let you know if you’re application has been successful.
If you are lucky enough to have secured a place in the ballot and would like to join #TeamOrange as an own place runner, please click here.
We’ve done the London Marathon before, but never for a cause so close to our hearts. Picturing Freya, we ran faster, tried that little bit harder. It feels amazing to have crossed the finish line for her. The support along the way was like nothing else I have seen before. If you are going to do a marathon, make it London and run it for #TeamOrange.
– Laura, #TeamOrange runner
Perks of the jog
We understand the huge commitment our runners make to take on this epic challenge. In return, we offer you a support package that caters for your every pre- and post-race need. We’ll give you:
- a detailed fundraising guide and fundraising advice from our experienced events team
- access to our #TeamOrange “Training Zone”, expert training tips, information on injury prevention and race nutrition
- a personalised running vest and orange laces
- support from THREE enthusiastic #TeamOrange cheer squads along the route
- access to our lively and friendly Facebook group to chat with other members of the team
- a post-event celebration where, as one previous runner said, we treat you ‘like a rock star’, with massages, showers and refreshments, just a stroll away from the finish line
Every year we receive high volumes of applications which is wonderful. The number of applications we receive every year exceeds the number of places we have to allocate so we have come up with a process to allocate applications which is detailed here London Marathon Golden Bond place allocation
For more information or details about joining our London Marathon team, contact the Events Team on 020 7803 4828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org