Please note that this event has now been postponed, and anyone who has registered will be transferred to the event in 2021. See the full announcement here.
Nightrider Liverpool is back in 2020 for the 5th consecutive year in Liverpool and you can be a part of this special cycle challenge!
Taking place throughout the night, Nightrider is a charity ride which is all about having fun, seeing the sights and taking on a personal challenge. You can choose from a 50km or 100km route in and around the Wirral and Liverpool.
Explore the city’s top sights, latest attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known treasures. Whether you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues, we can promise you a different kind of Saturday night! This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive – it is all about having a good time and cycling together with friends and family. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each other and help us to raise funds to beat muscle-wasting conditions.
This action-packed event includes all the city’s iconic landmarks and legendary musical heritage sites. The first 50km loop starts with a ride through the Mersey Tunnel (which will be closed to other traffic) over to the Wirral Peninsula. Highlights include the Royal Liverpool Golf Club, West Kirby and Port Sunlight, plus there are spectacular views back over the city centre.
Loop 2 takes in some world-famous landmarks: Liverpool’s historic waterfront, Albert Dock, Echo Arena, Cavern Club, Empire Theatre, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Knotty Ash, Anfield Stadium (Liverpool FC) and Goodison Park (Everton FC).
Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past the many sights of Liverpool and the Wirral in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS route will also be released.
- Choice of routes – 100km, 50km Wirral loop or 50km Liverpool city loop.
- Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
- Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
- Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge who have been organising challenge events for more than twenty-five years.
- This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly. Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours. The maximum time permitted is 10 hours.
- You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you will need to be able to cycle 50km /100km. We therefore do not recommend this event for beginner riders.
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the Muscular Dystrophy UK Nightrider Liverpool team on one of our limited Charity Places.
You will need to pay a registration fee of £29 and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum sponsorship for us.
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To secure your place in Nightrider please click below to complete the short registration form and pay your registration fee.
You can select which distance you would like to register for.
We’ll then be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.
The earlier you register for Nightrider, the more you save on your Registration Fee!
- Register by 31 March 2020 and sign up for £35
- Register any time after 1 April 2020 and sign up for £45
Please click here to register for this event.
Have a read through of the Frequently Asked Question document here if you’d like any more information.
Full terms and conditions of Nightrider can be found here.
Additionally please click here for a Youtube video about this event.
If you would like to know more about this event or have any questions, please get in touch with fundraising manager Charles Horton via email or by phone: 07900 228575.