Do you see people with a neuromuscular condition with: Neuropathy (CMT) / myopathies / muscular dystrophy/ myotonic dystrophy/ myasthenia / CIDP / spinal muscular atrophy?
The South Yorkshire Neuromuscular Team and MDUK invite you to an upskilling day which will provide you with up to date information helping you to support your patients. The day is applicable to both adult and paediatric patient groups.
Subjects tobe covered in the event:
• Advances in Research and recent developments in NM conditions.
• Medical management of CMT and neuropathies.
• Orthotic Management of NM conditions
• Respiratory management of NM patients
• Cardiac complications in NM patients
• Local and national support networks – Care Advisor and MDUK
• Physiotherapy management of Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Peripheral Neuropathy
• Assistive technology, seating and other equipment to try
• Physiotherapists / Occupational Therapists / SLT / Orthotists
• Nurses / community Matrons.
• Social workers / Case managers.
Lunch and refreshments are provided thanks to sponsorship by MDUK and Biogen.