Rally together your friends and/or colleagues and put together a team of two OR four to Pedal, Paddle, Peak in the stunning Lake District on Saturday 1 July 2023! This popular challenge event is back for it's eighth year, and entries are now open!
Enter your team(s) today to take on this brilliant challenge and help beat muscle-wasting conditions.
Teams of two
- Registration fee: £97.50 (full price)
- Minimum team sponsorship: £900 (£450 per person)
Teams of four
- Registration fee: £195 (full price)
- Minimum team sponsorship: £1,800 (£450 per person)
Get 20% off registration fees above using discount code: SAVE20
Register your team today!
What is Pedal, Paddle, Peak?
- Pedal – starting in Penrith, your team of two four will take on a 30-mile cycle which will be split into two stages of about 15 miles during the day. The route will take you on a scenic tour around Ullswater Lake, surrounded by The Lake District peaks. The course is a mixed bag, with some small hills and one large climb after you finish the paddle. We’ll provide your mountain bikes and helmets.
- Paddle – give your legs a rest as you take on a 2-mile canoe paddle on the stunning Ullswater Lake. Teams of four will compete in two connected canoe boats creating a stable raft to keeping the team together. Teams of two will compete in a single canoe. *please note that if weather conditions prove to be difficult on the day, teams of two will need to pair up with another team of two to use two connected canoe boats to ensure you’re safe*. When you’re finished, you’ll all get back on your bikes for a steep pedal up to the base of the Mountain Peak Challenge.
- Peak – leave your bikes behind and get ready to climb the second highest peak in England, the magnificent Helvellyn Mountain. For the tough climb to the top you’ll go via the ‘white side’ and ‘lower man’ and return the same route. Once complete, it’s back on your bikes for the final 15-mile pedal to finish in Penrith.
- Finish – celebrate your achievement with your team and others and enjoy your complimentary post-event celebration meal. Enjoy a barbecue or an indoor catered buffet, and then wind down and reflect on your brilliant day.
The event is a challenging and fun team-building event, where all team members complete all three challenges together. On average, the event takes eight to nine hours to complete and we strongly advise training for the event. The longest element of the event is the mountain climb, which will take about four hours.
- Wednesday 28 June - Online event briefing - The week of the event, you and your team will need to attend an online event briefing where you will get a full brief and overview of the event ahead of the day. Here, you'll have the chance to ask any final questions before travelling to the event base
- Friday 30 June – Event registration – The day before the event, you will arrive at our event base in Penrith to check in and register ahead of the event. Here you will get sized up on your bike, receive your event t-shirt and drop your bags off ahead of the next morning
- Saturday 1 July – After the event there will be a presentation ceremony and a celebratory dinner or barbecue with all other teams. Friends / family are welcome to join.
What is included?
- All equipment hire – bikes, helmets, canoes and lifejackets. If you wish to use your own bike it will need to have a safety check at the event briefing to ensure it is fit for the event.
- Lunch, power snacks and drinks throughout the day and then an evening buffet / BBQ.
- Transport of a luggage bag between each of the stages to carry any change of clothes/footwear.
- Qualified staff support along the route from our event delivery partners The Adventure Element
- First aid support (just in case!).
- A new trend-setting finisher T-shirt and medal.
What’s not included?
- Accommodation – options will be provided for you to choose from upon registration. Penrith is a wonderful town with an array of hotels and B&Bs to suit all budgets.
- Dinner on Friday is not included; there are many options available in Penrith and surrounding towns.
- Travel to the Lake District from your home location.
"What a great event!"
- Sue Barker MBE
"An amazing day. So well organised and we loved every minute!"
- Paul A
"We laughed from start to finish! The event was brilliant, well organised and staff were friendly and helpful in the build up and throughout"
- Katharine B
"The event was incredible- in particularly the hike. Fantastic support all round and one of the best experiences of my life!"
- Andrew N
"Muscular Dystrophy UK - what a fabulous team, what a fabulous event, thank you all so much. We'll be back!"
- Ruth B
"A fantastic day all round, brilliantly organised. The team-working opportunity the event provides is really worthwhile. I got to know everyone in my team a bit better as a result and now we'll always have good memories to share. We enjoyed the experience that much that we're already talking about options for next year!"
- Scott V
"The mix of the three stages was ideal, giving different challenges throughout the day and somehow making it all seem easier! The sense of achievement at the end was amazing."
- Joanne M
Sign up today!