On May 24 2018 Dylan was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy aged seven…the day Michelle and Andrew’s lives changed forever. Dylan’s Mum, Michelle said

“The thought that one day Dylan won’t be able to lift his arms to give me one of his hugs is too upsetting to think about. To think about all the things he will no longer be able to do as this cruel disease takes hold is beyond devastating. It is very easy to dwell on the negatives but we try to focus on today and any positives we can.”


“Dylan is wise beyond his years. He is an absolute character with an infectious laugh and love for life. Dylan is extremely tactile and emotionally mature … his hugs would melt anyone’s heart. He is an only child yet his house is never quiet with his cheeky chappy chat and imaginative games. Dylan is our world.”


80% of the money raised will go to research (in particular supporting the work of the Duchenne Research Breakthrough Fund), with the remaining 20% to be held in trust for Dylan’s future care needs, enabling the family to provide for Dylan so that he can lead a full life and receive the best possible care.

The family have taken part in the Bake a Difference event, Move a Million Miles for Muscles and Make Today Count skydive along with coffee mornings and sponsored walks raising almost £8,000 so far.

How you can help:

Setting up a family fund like Defying Duchenne for Dylan is a great way to fundraise for Muscular Dystrophy UK to keep our vital research moving forward. Find out more about our family funds.

Keep in touch