Getting out and about in the community is a vital part to raising both funds and awareness for the charity and we simply can’t have the reach we need without volunteers!
As a Volunteer Collection Box Co-ordinator you will support the Regional Development Manager in your region to raise awareness and funds for the charity by placing and managing collection boxes within businesses in your local community.
As well as helping to raise vital funds to support our work, you will be meeting new people in your area, and developing skills in fundraising, communication and organisation.
As a Collection Box Co-ordinator, you will be:
- Placing charity collection boxes in shops, pubs, chemists, doctor’s surgeries etc in your area.
- Making follow up visits to businesses where boxes have been placed to empty contents and reseal boxes for further use
- Counting and receipting contents of each box emptied
- Maintaining accurate records of venues holding boxes and how much each collection box placed raises – you will be provided with a spreadsheet to facilitate this
- Ensuring boxes are clean and in good condition and replacing where needed
- Banking income and providing detailed report of income to Regional Development Manager within agreed timescales
Ad-hoc - this is a flexible opportunity that can work around you.
You will have a welcoming and friendly manner, good organisation skills and the ability to maintain records.
Please download our role description to find out more.