Please refer to the Public Health England website to find out what you should do if you have healthcare assistants, carers or care workers, who give you essential support for your daily needs or social care. These visits should continue, but if your carer or care worker shows symptoms of COVID-19, they must stay away.

If you employ your care workers yourself, including through a personal budget, you may need to make some decisions regarding their employment. You’ll also need to be aware of what your obligations are as an employer towards them.

You can seek expert advice on this from organisations such as Penderels Trust and Mark Bates Ltd.

Further information for carers is available on the Carers Trust and Carers UK websites.


Return to the main coronavirus advice page

Keep in touch