Can we help you manage your lockdown stress? Would you like to talk to a professional coach in a one-off one hour free session?
MDUK has started working with Kinesthetica Coaching to provide a free Wellbeing programme for people living with muscle-wasting conditions.
A generous team of professional coaches have volunteered to create a confidential space for people to have conversations to help you find your inner strength at this particularly difficult time.
The team comprises of nine accredited coaches. You may want to:
- Talk and process your situation – how you are feeling about the lockdown? What your main concerns are about yourself or your loved ones?
- Focus on mindset, resilience, overcoming anxiety
- Uncover something about yourself – a hidden strength, a way of coping, a supply of resilience….
- Or just use the time to sit and have them be a sounding board.
The coaching has been offered and is being set up by Amelia Saberwal, CPCC Impact Coach
I am excited to co-ordinate a team of coaches during May, to help the muscular dystrophy community at a challenging time. Besides being a support it can be an inspiration for everyone. I recall attending a Microscope Ball Gala Dinner and hearing from a parent about living as a family with muscular dystrophy. I care about the community and am delighted to help provide this service for MDUK.
Coaching is exciting. It is a journey of self-discovery at a time of transition in your life. You can feel it in your bones, something in you is stirring and you want to put a structure around it, own it and make resonant choices to get to it.
Please note – these are coaches offer to give you strong supportive tools at this time. They are there to hold space for you to talk, process, and listen to you. For medical help or any practical advocacy issues, please continue to call our helpline on 0800 652 6352.
If you’re interested – here’s the process – please read carefully and follow the steps.
- Read Biographies: You will find biographies of all the coaches here – choose one you like the sound of.
- Book a Time: Click the link to their individual calendar at the bottom of their biography – if you see a spot it’s yours!
- Online Invite: An invitation will come through from their email address, with the online call-in details. (they will be hosted on Zoom / Skype / Teams / Google Hangout). If you have a preferred method of doing the call let them know.
- Pre-Session Questions: They will send you a few questions for you to consider before the call.
- Send Answers: Send through your answers beforehand so that they can prepare.
- Complete the short follow-up form that MDUK will send you after the session – this will help us to shape and build this new programme and find out what you found particularly useful – although the content of your conversation will remain confidential to you and your coach.
Our helpline remains available on 0800 652 6352 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer questions and provide information and advice about muscle-wasting conditions and the common issues that people affected by them can face, as well as questions about coronavirus.