Our Care and Support team is here to help anyone with a muscle-wasting condition; whether you would like information about the condition or about accessing local services.
We also have an advocacy service that can help you access the services, benefits and equipment you are entitled to.
Our friendly Advocacy and Information Officers based in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are here to help and campaign for better care in their local areas.
If you are living in these areas and would like to speak to someone, please do contact one of the team.
Meet the team below:
- Sam attends neuromuscular clinics in Cardiff and the Vale and Swansea, and will be soon attending clinics across North Wales too.
- She works closely with the Welsh Neuromuscular Network, the Welsh Assembly and social and health professionals across Wales
- Sam coordinates the Wales Muscle Group where you can meet other families and individuals with muscle-wasting conditions
Sam works Monday- Friday and you can get in touch on S.Fitzgerald@musculardystrophyuk.org or 07710 712716
- Jackie is based at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow but is available to contact by anyone who lives in Scotland
- Jackie manages the Scotland Muscle Group, where you can meet other families and individuals with muscle-wasting conditions
- Jackie is a social worker by background
Jackie works Monday – Thursday, 9am – 5pm and you can get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07712523778.
- Demelza regularly attends muscle clinics at Belfast City Hospital
- She liaises with health and social care professionals and sits on the All Party Group for muscular dystrophy in the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Demelza manages the Northern Ireland Muscle Group, where you can meet other families and individuals with muscle-wasting conditions
- Demelza is also a qualified Occupational Therapist, and she is able to offer support to people nationally, who require specialist OT advice.
Demelza works Monday-Thursday and you can get in touch on NorthernIreland@musculardystrophyuk.org or 07801 047977
If you or a family member have a muscle-wasting condition and are having difficulties getting the care and support, services, benefits or equipment you are entitled to please get in touch.
You can contact our regional officers directly or call our helpline where another member of the Care and Support team can put you in touch.