This is an exciting opportunity to ensure that children with muscle-wasting conditions, and their families, get the care and support they are entitled to.
The successful applicant should have a SEN Teaching or Supervision, Social Work or Occupational Therapy background.
Expectation in the role
- Meet families in outpatient clinics at GOSH to offer support and signposting
- Take on advocacy casework – working with GOSH Family Support Officer/Social Worker
- Arrange and deliver fun and information events outside of the clinic
- Operate thorough record keeping on case work and any work with families
- Identify volunteers and support the Volunteer Engagement Manager to recruit and empower volunteers to manage and lead local Muscle Groups and peer support groups
Please be aware this is a 2 year contract.
Please download the job description to see full role responsibilities.
This role is based at our office in Southwark, London. It is within a short walking distance of Southwark and Borough Tube stations. It is also a short distance from Waterloo Station, London Bridge Station and Blackfriars Station. We are also a 5 minute walk from the Tate Modern and Southbank, perfect place to go for lunch during the warm summer months.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing why you are best suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 November.
Interviews due to be held on 9 December.
Please see our Fair Processing Notice for information on how we handle your data.