Selecting the President’s Award winners
All nominations will be considered by a panel who will agree a shortlist for each award category. Shortlisted nominations will go forward to independent judges who will choose the winners.
Announcing the winners
The winners will be notified in August and will receive their awards at the MDUK National Conference at the Sofitel Hotel, Heathrow on Saturday 12 October 2019.
The winners will be given up to 4 complimentary tickets to the conference and have their accommodation for the night before and travel paid for by the charity.
How to make your nomination stand out
When you’re making your nomination, think about the following:
- Provide as much information as possible about the person you are nominating (the nominee)
- Give evidence using vivid descriptions as to why you think your nominee should win
- Explain their reasons for supporting MDUK (are they personally affected, do they know someone who is?) and what they’ve done to support MDUK
- Has the nominee overcome any particular difficulties that have inspired them to get involved with MDUK?
- When did the nominee first become involved with MDUK?
- Emphasise the impact of what they’ve done. What difference did this make? What did they achieve? Has this been a ‘one-off’ achievement or was it part of something bigger?
- What inspired you to nominate them?
- Highlight what makes your nominee exceptional. What makes them different?
- Does the nominee have any ambitions to do even more for the future?
MDUK is only able to accept nominations from the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland).
You must be aged over 16 to submit a nomination, but can nominate an individual of any age.
You may nominate an individual for only one category but you can nominate different people for different categories.
You may not nominate yourself for an award, but feel free to ask your family and friends!
MDUK employees cannot be nominated for an award, but may make nominations.
All nominations must be received by midnight on Monday 1 July to be considered for this year’s President’s Awards.
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel and the winners chosen by independent judges.
Winners will be notified in August.
As part of the judging process, only active supporters of MDUK will be considered for a President’s Award
We would love to share the stories of our President’s Award winners with our supporters and the media. On accepting the award, winners will need to consent to media and publicity work including MDUK’s own website and social media channels.
The judges’ decisions are final.