Muscular Dystrophy UK Grant Round Calls
Muscular Dystrophy UK Grant Round 2019
Muscular Dystrophy UK’s Grant Round 2019 call for applications is now closed. For more information please see Grant Round 2019.
The deadline for electronic submissions is Friday 18 January 2019, 5.00pm GMT. We will also require a signed hard copy of your application to be sent to us by Friday 1 February 2019.
Epidemiological studies of the prevalence and incidence of neuromuscular conditions in the UK
Muscular Dystrophy UK will support a single epidemiological study of up to 24 months in duration that will give an up to date analysis of the incidence and prevalence of neuromuscular conditions in the UK population.
Applications will be included in Muscular Dystrophy UK’s Annual Grant Round 2019 (see above). The submission deadline for the electronic full proposal is Friday 1 February 2019, 5pm (GMT). We will also require a signed hard copy of your application to be sent to us by Friday 15 February 2019.
For more information, including how to apply, see Epidemiological Applications 2019.
All applications will be sent for international peer-review and will be reviewed by our Lay Research Panel and Medical Research Committee. The Medical Research Committee will sit in early summer. Its recommendations are discussed by the charity’s Board of Trustees, which meets several times a year. You will be informed of the decision as soon as possible after the Board of Trustees meeting. For more information please see Applying for a Research Grant.
External Jointly- Funded Calls
The call for applications for MDUK-NIHR jointly funded Doctoral fellowships has now closed. For more information please see the NIHR application pages.
Guidance For Applicants
The following points should be considered when submitting your application:
- If you wish to apply for a Muscular Dystrophy UK research grant please be aware that the principal investigator must hold a contract which extends beyond the duration of the grant at an institution approved by Muscular Dystrophy UK. Muscular Dystrophy UK generally only funds UK-based research although international collaboration is encouraged; when there is an exception to this it will be announced in the grant call.
- It is important for applicants to view their research strategically and explain how this proposed research fits with the charity’s Research Strategy in the relevant question in the application form.
- Collaborations are favourably viewed, especially between researchers and clinicians, but also with companies.
- Muscular Dystrophy UK welcomes applications that will have a benefit for individuals with any of the muscular dystrophies or related neuromuscular conditions. We are looking to support research across the breadth of conditions supported by the charity, and welcome applications for rare and ultra-rare conditions as well as the more common ones. Please refer to the list of conditions supported by Muscular Dystrophy UK.
- As well as funding scientific and translational projects we are also looking to invest in research that will have a direct, positive impact on people’s quality of life, for example social or psychological research or projects with a focus on exercise or physiotherapy.
- The lay application must accurately reflect the work outlined in the scientific proposal and be written in clear, jargon-free language.
Further guidance for applications can be found on the online grant applications system.
If you are unsure whether your research fits within our strategy and current criteria, please contact us on 020 7803 4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Before applying, please also read our Grant FAQs for further information and review our Research Strategy.