We continue to identify and invest in the most promising science and fund high-quality research to pursue the strategic aims set out in our research strategy.
We offer a number of funding opportunities for laboratory-based and clinical researchers:
- a competitive annual call for research grant applications for project grants of one to three years duration that also includes pump-priming grants of up to one year and support for PhD studentships. Apply now.
- a small number of fellowships are available through our partnerships with other funding bodies:
- a limited number of infrastructure grants to help accelerate the translational path to clinical trials, including support for patient registries, natural history databases and clinical trials coordinators.
- alternative funding approaches to support research for a number of the very rare conditions (fewer than 500 patients in the UK), which may include establishing international research partnerships – please contact us if you wish to discuss an approach for a very rare condition.
- we encourage researchers to contact us should they have specific proposals that would require programme grant funding over a longer period or for a larger project than would fit within the normal project grant funding. If this were to lead to a full programme grant application this would be subject to a rigorous peer review process similar to that of the annual grant round.
Please contact our Research team at Researchgrants@musculardystrophyuk.org with any queries about our grant schemes, funding available or your grant application.