Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust provides an adult and paediatric neuromuscular service for patients across the East Midlands.
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust hosts a multidisciplinary paediatric and adult neuromuscular service. The paediatric service is led by Dr Gabriel Chow, and the adult service is led by Dr Paul Maddison.
Dr Chow and Dr Maddison work closely with a team of allied health professionals who provide the multidisciplinary services available as out-patients, including long term ventilation clinics, occupational and physiotherapy advice, and specialist paediatric respiratory physiotherapy.
A specialist neuromuscular care advisor attends all relevant clinics across the specified area and provides ongoing support. There are also services available as in-patients which include assessments of; physiotherapy, SALT, Dietary and respiratory needs.
How to access the service
The service can be accessed via GP, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or consultant referral.
Main contact number:
0115 924 9924
Dr Gabriel Chow
The paediatric neuromuscular service in Nottingham is led by Dr Gabriel Chow a Consultant Paediatric Neurologist. Dr Chow runs a bi-monthly paediatric muscle clinic, an older children’s muscle spinal clinic and a muscle respiratory transition clinic. These clinics are held in the Children’s Centre at Nottingham City Hospital.
Dr Saam Sedehizadeh
Dr Saam Sedehizadeh is a consultant neurologist seeing adults with neuromuscular conditions at Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. Dr Sedehizadeh leads the muscle and peripheral nerve diseases team at Nottingham and runs three clinics a month.
Professor Adrian Wills
Professor Adrian Wills works alongside Dr Paul Maddison at Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham and sees adults with neuromuscular conditions. His special interests are in peripheral nerve and ventilatory failure in muscular dystrophy and he is also affiliated with the National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, London.
Kirstie supports and provides advice to children and adults with muscle wasting conditions across Nottinghamshire. Get in touch with Kirstie by E: Kirstie.firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 0115 9249924 .
Other key people in the team include:
- Dr Girija Sadalage , Clinical Research Fellow
- Dr David Thomas , Respiratory Paediatrician
- Dr Toni Wolff , Community Paediatrician And Palliative Care Lead
- Dr Milind Sovani , Respiratory Consultant
- Nicky McNarry , Paediatric Respiratory Physiotherapist
- Hannah Borrill , Paediatric Respiratory Physiotherapist
- Sarah Williamson , Specialist Neuromuscular Paediatric Physiotherapist
- Juliet Colt , Specialist Neuromuscular Respiratory Nurse
- Long term ventilation clinic
- Muscle spinal clinics
- Young children’s muscle clinics
- Muscle respiratory transition clinics with paediatric & adult respiratory consultants
- Muscle/respiratory clinics with care advisor present
- Specialist respiratory services are available as in-patient
- Access to specialist respiratory and cardiology services as out-patients