Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
    2011 F1 Season

Arhhhhh .. just warming up the spot ….

Race schedule

News from the BBC – Matin Brundle and David Coulthard to head the commentating team, great having two experienced and competent drivers at the mic

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11012011/58/bbc-announce-f1-commentary-shake.html

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant
    Re: 2011 F1 Season

Great news on the commentary front. This makes me very happy and am now really looking forward to the new season :D

A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

sar78 sar78

@amgmod wrote:

entating team, great having two experienced and competent drivers at the mic

and let us hope two experienced and competent drivers Jenson and Lewis to be winning the thing.

"Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

taungfox
    Participant

Cant wait! 2011 has Alonso written all over it :)

Sagar
    Participant

Eurgh, alonso ?! I never want ferrari to win a thing, can’t stand ’em. Very excited about the new season & can’t wait for the start. Thanks for the F1 thread AMG ;)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

Agree with you Woogy, anyone but a Ferarri!

A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

sar78 sar78

Ferrari — don’t get me started!!!

They were the prime reason I stopped following the races. I was so fed up of their two-faced arrogances.

Being away so long, I am approaching the season as a fresh faced n00b … kindanot warming to Hamilton, only slightly warmer to Button .. will have to wait and see :P

AM
    Participant

We don’t call it ferrari1 or refer to the FIA as ferrari international assistance for nothing. And guess who’s opposed to the introduction of new smaller & greener engines in 2013 ? You guessed it. Luca di Montezemolo spat his dummy in the motoring printed press the day it was announced

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

Ferrari international Assistance – love it!!

AM
    Participant

So I take it i’m the only Ferrari fan!? lmao :D :lol:

Also BBC have confirmed 2011 coverage in HD. Awesome :)

Sagar
    Participant

@sagar wrote:

So I take it i’m the only Ferrari fan!? lmao :D :lol:

Won’t hold it against ya, someone has got to be, lol :D

AM
    Participant

Sorry Sag, we’re not all ganging up on you but, I loathe ferrari. They are the man united of motorsport as far as I’m concerned.

As for the BBC broadcasting in HD at last, they only didn’t last year until the very last race because so many other countries have yet to catch up with the digital age & don’t broadcast in terrestial HD. I can’t wait to see the cars in HD, I hope the broadcast is in Dolby 5.1 as well. All those sounds reverberating around my living room, it’s enough to make me hair stand (on me neck, I don’t have enough on me bonce anymore :D )

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

Interesting to see how Lotus Renault GP gets along on this season with new Renault engines. At least it’s been said that they are more reliable than Cosworth engines.

hartwig
    Participant

I have always found it curiously odd that Lotus, who are car manufacturers including engines, ]wasn’t there once a Vauxhall with a Lotus engine available back a decade or so] are not using Lotus engines but Renaults? I’d be so tempted to have a Renault with a sticker on the back that says “At weekends I power a Lotus” as I overtake the shiny Lotus Elise.

I guess it is because Lotus have developed road car engines but not F1 car engines [or the credit crunch tells em the renault parts are cheaper :lol: ]

AM
    Participant

An interesting point. After all Lotus has been a crucial manufacturer on F1 on earlier years along with Ferrari, McLaren and Williams. :)

hartwig
    Participant

@amgmod wrote:

I have always found it curiously odd that Lotus, who are car manufacturers including engines, ]wasn’t there once a Vauxhall with a Lotus engine available back a decade or so] are not using Lotus engines but Renaults? I’d be so tempted to have a Renault with a sticker on the back that says “At weekends I power a Lotus” as I overtake the shiny Lotus Elise.

I guess it is because Lotus have developed road car engines but not F1 car engines [or the credit crunch tells em the renault parts are cheaper :lol: ]

Good memory AMG, there indeed was a Lotus Carlton, sort of big executive saloon car, released around 1989. At the time it was so powerful, if you were below a certain age & wanted to buy one you had to go on a special driving course with the police – crackers !

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

@woogy wrote:

Good memory AMG,

:oops: shucks thanks … but if I could remember the important things, I’d be really dangerous :lol:

AM
    Participant

I just looked one up on Ebay for my own curiosity, an orginal 38,000 miles – guess how much ?

£20,000 !!!

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

The new cars are starting to be unveiled. This is the new Lotus Renault GP R31. Let’s hope for Kubica’s sake it’s as quick as it looks good. He seems a nice guy & I like the black & gold throw back to the seventies cars

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

Smart :P

AM
    Participant
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch