Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • #74774
    Minister is proud of herself…

    Tory minister Esther McVey on C4 News last night was proclaiming how proud she is of the way her government is treating people with disabilities, and how no disabled person is going to lose out at all.

    I found myself shouting at the TV even more than usual. I assume what she’s spouting is government lies rather than stupidity, but she seems a really nasty piece of work. And she needs to learn not to preface every statement with “Hang on a sec…”

    http://www.channel4.com/news/government-treating-disabled-people-generously

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #88232
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    Hang on a sec……!….

    is it a good idea to have a minister for the disabled who keeps on losing her temper
    and suddenly claims to be a world leader in compassion and care for the disabled?

    Well done to Krishnan for reading out the “how do you sleep?” posts.

    Also Krishnan was very right to hold up yesterdays Daily Mail to her and draw
    attention to the disgraceful headline “Vile Product of Welfare UK”, using the current
    horrific case in Derby to support their attack on people on benefits. At the same time
    as reporting two premeditated murder cases they chose to use a case of manslaughter
    to attack vulnerable people in general. The minister did grudgingly agreed that the
    linking should not have been made.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #88233
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    ……..and we also did not get a satisfactory answer to Krishan’s question, why soldiers and disabled children
    are exempted from the “bedroom tax” but disabled adults are not.

    Our very good friend Woogy suddenly finds himself in this exact situation where he is penalised
    solely because he has a progressive disease and we need answers!

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #88234
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @taungfox wrote:


    Also Krishnan was very right to hold up yesterdays Daily Mail to her and draw
    attention to the disgraceful headline “Vile Product of Welfare UK”, using the current
    horrific case in Derby to support their attack on people on benefits…

    Hang on a sec, the Daily Heil is the mouthpiece for things that the government would like to say but aren’t quite brave enough to do so. Disgraceful rag that it is.

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #88235
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    http://news.sky.com/story/1073431/duncan-smith-mp-complains-over-53-challenge

    Bloody tories make me sick. Who do we complain to about them ? I can’t believe this person had the nerve to complain about poor IDS getting singled out. What cods-whallop.

    Nothing surprises me with the daily heil, grouping “all of us” dole bludging, benefit cheats altogether :evil: !

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #88231
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    It is getting beynd belief what people will do and say without a thought that they can be caught out … and when they are they act as if it doesn’t exist.

    We’ve seen headline and articles about the benefit changes and how people are having to make their meager monies stretch further … the Tory propoganda says that low earners are better off .. show me, who are these fortunate mini-few??

    I may hav to blog a rant ]after lunch, if I do it now I will never eat].

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #88236
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    I know exactly how you feel AMG, eat ya lunch first girl & then climb onto ya high horse alongside me ;)

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #88237
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @woogy wrote:

    I know exactly how you feel AMG, eat ya lunch first girl & then climb onto ya high horse alongside me ;)

    Don’t do climbing … need to find the lift to get me up there :lol:

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #88238
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @woogy wrote:

    http://news.sky.com/story/1073431/duncan-smith-mp-complains-over-53-challenge

    Bloody tories make me sick. Who do we complain to about them ? I can’t believe this person had the nerve to complain about poor IDS getting singled out…

    Just in case anybody hasn’t seen it yet, here’s the current petition asking Iain Duncan Smith to prove his claim that he can live on £53 a week. For a year. Signatures may be added here:
    http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

    IDS has since commented that he regards this petition as “a complete stunt”. Actually I tend to think that it’s IDS who’s the “stunt”. Though I may have got my letters mixed up again.

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #88239
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    Agreed

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #88240
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    this is what our benefit cuts are paying for. its things like this:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9970282/MPs-complain-dinner-expenses-rules-not-generous-enough.html

    stefan

    littlestef
    Participant
    Posts: 526
    Joined: 04/10/2011
    #88241
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    This is the line they must be most proud of “do not get as much in meal allowances as soldiers.” What utter… :evil: :evil: :evil:

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #88242
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    The minister in her desperate attempt to answer the unanswerable questions she was asked did give us some
    very good news.

    When the interviewer persisted on the fairness of these assessments, she did use the phrase
    “safely, reliably, repeatedly and in a reasonable time period”. We were celebrating the fact that
    the MDC and other organisations had got this very important phrase enshrined in law to be part of the testing procedures.

    This could be very important for people with variable and progressive conditions.

    Some Good News then because she said it, it dies exist.

    The minister has said it, she can be quoted.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #88243
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @petered wrote:

    @taungfox wrote:


    Also Krishnan was very right to hold up yesterdays Daily Mail to her and draw
    attention to the disgraceful headline “Vile Product of Welfare UK”, using the current
    horrific case in Derby to support their attack on people on benefits…

    Hang on a sec, the Daily Heil is the mouthpiece for things that the government would like to say but aren’t quite brave enough to do so. Disgraceful rag that it is.

    And indeed here’s the heir to the baronetcy of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon taking the opportunity already:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22025035

    It’s the vile opportunism that’s typical of Gideon. I’d wonder how Osborne sleeps at night. Though I guess his innate sense of smug self-righteous entitlement probably helps.

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #88244
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    This makes me incredibly sad, the news has a responsibility to educate – the ones reading arent necessarily going to question it. It’s horrifying that this is the state of our media, so much for progress.

    What about second breakfast?

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/kissofdarkness1/

    kissofdarkness
    Participant
    Posts: 266
    Joined: 01/10/2010
    #88245
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22025035

    Having had no real argument to those questioning his reforms earlier in the week other than to call them critics peddling “headline-seeking nonsense”, this prize pillock has now not only seen fit to make himself judge & jury & label all those on benefits potential killers like this sicK Philpott person, osborne has also been caught parking in a disabled parking space on the motorway services http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22035985.

    He really is the lowest of the low & completely out of touch with anybody it seems. I shall be looking hard & asking questions about who to vote for in the very near local elections & the long term general election because I have no faith in any major party at this time.

    My blood is simply boiling at this man’s indignant attitude.

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #88246
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    i still want to know. what is a reasonable amount of time? is it 20 metres in 20 mins. 20 metres in 5 mins etc. because nobody seems to be able to tell me.

    stefan

    littlestef
    Participant
    Posts: 526
    Joined: 04/10/2011
    #88247
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @littlestef wrote:

    i still want to know. what is a reasonable amount of time? is it 20 metres in 20 mins. 20 metres in 5 mins etc. because nobody seems to be able to tell me.

    I doubt it will ever be that clinically defined, that way the elastic allowed means more could fall through :(

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #88249
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @petered wrote:

    @petered wrote:

    @taungfox wrote:


    Also Krishnan was very right to hold up yesterdays Daily Mail to her and draw
    attention to the disgraceful headline “Vile Product of Welfare UK”, using the current
    horrific case in Derby to support their attack on people on benefits…

    Hang on a sec, the Daily Heil is the mouthpiece for things that the government would like to say but aren’t quite brave enough to do so. Disgraceful rag that it is.

    And indeed here’s the heir to the baronetcy of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon taking the opportunity already:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22025035
    It’s the vile opportunism that’s typical of Gideon. I’d wonder how Osborne sleeps at night. Though I guess his innate sense of smug self-righteous entitlement probably helps.

    Was Harold Shipman a vile product of the university-educated middle-class professionals UK ? Was Lord Lucan a vile product of the House of Lords UK? Was Fred West a vile product of the building trade UK?

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #88248
    Re: Minister is proud of herself…

    @taungfox wrote:

    Was Harold Shipman a vile product of the university-educated middle-class professionals UK ? Was Lord Lucan a vile product of the House of Lords UK? Was Fred West a vile product of the building trade UK?

    Valid points indeed …. no singe element can be blamed for the way a person turns out it is a miriad of reasons, experiences, as well as body make up that leads a person to do things. Obviously becoming a politicial turns you into a vile product of bull-excrement sayers/every one else is to blamers/expenses fiddlers/out off their heads-ers.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch