No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • #85014
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    disabled people are seen as ‘ scroungers’ because of people falsely claiming dla and have later been captured on the golf course playing a round of golf carrying their heavy bag of clubs without any difficulty …its because of cases like this that unfortunately we are all seen as ‘scroungers’ ! this is why as i said there should be more rigorous assessments to make sure the right benefits get paid to the right claiments …

    rachelmurphy
    Participant
    Posts: 65
    Joined: 02/02/2011
    #85015
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    Who the hell can “easily go and get a job” these days, is this an April Fool joke?

    ranald
    Participant
    Posts: 747
    Joined: 05/09/2010
    #85016
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    we all know how difficult it is to get a job …tell that to our 3 18 19 yr olds looking for work for the last year and nothing !! they are all on jobseekers and feel totally demorralised as came out of school with 10 or more gcses grade c and above …i cant understand how you think it is ok for people to scrounge off the free handouts when you have people that hate living on handouts but have no choice ? are you an april fool or what ?
    get rid of these spongers and pay the benefits to people that rightly deserve them , that is what osborne wants to do , not to take benefits away from vulnerable people , get the welfare state right and he wouldnt have to make cuts to people would he ?

    rachelmurphy
    Participant
    Posts: 65
    Joined: 02/02/2011
    #85017
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    … get the welfare state right and he wouldnt have to make cuts to people would he ?

    One of the many flaws in your argument is that the tax-avoider Osborne and his right-wing government don’t want to “get the welfare state right”. They are ideologically opposed to the “welfare state”, and want to dismantle it. That’s why they’re rolling back many years of progress for disabled, vulnerable and marginalised people. That’s why they’re selling off the NHS to their supporters so that they can make a profit out of it. And that’s why they’ve chosen to impose their cuts on welfare, where there is a very low percentage of fraud, rather than tackling the much-larger tax avoidance of the rich, which costs the country far more.

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #85018
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    I do not agree with everything Mr Osborne has said , but i feel strongly that the welfare state needs sorting out

    “Sorting out” is one thing, arbitary cuts for ideological reasons is another.

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    how many people out there not receiving the benefits that they are entitled too ? this comes down to better information being given by the benefits advisors/GPs and visible assessments / interviews by professionally trained advisors

    Not even the DWP knows how many people do not claim the benifits that they are entitled to. In 2008/09 over £17 billion went unclaimed; this money being returned to the Treasury at the end of that tax year. Why aren’t benefits claimed? Well a recent review suggested that after ignorance of certian claims even existing conscious avodiance of making a claim resulted from the government’s vitriolic campaign against benefit claimants in the last two years; vociferously but not exclusively led by the Daily Mail newspaper.

    GP’s and other medical staff are not experts on benefits and personally I would rather they spent their time on medical matters and not doing the work of other government departments simply because the latter have a shortage of staff.

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    i personally have not heard of anyone i know who is entitled to their benefits being cut , i know that it does happen and i am certainly not ‘ naive ‘to this fact …their are a minority of people out there claiming benefits that shouldnt be and i definately think the government should be doing more to sort this problem

    Benefit fraud is estimated to cost £1.1 billion annually and in relative terms the DWP spends significantly more on combatting fraud than it does in ensuring people receive the benefits to which they are entitled. They were recently censured by a Parliamentary committee on this very point.

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    i am totally aware of people whos benefits have been cut …i know of 1 man with md in bognor whos hours were cut from 24 hr care down to only 5 hrs a day , which he did take to appeal and won (he should never had had to do this ) ..my husband worked in social care until a couple of years ago and is still in touch with a few of his old clients who have had their day centre closed , due to government funding , which is also wrong … I am not for 1 minute saying that it is right to cut someones benefits if they are rightly entitled ( i dont believe i have said that , but you can quote me if i have ) i am saying that i think it is right to find the people that are wrongly claiming benefits ….why should hard working tax payers pay a high percentage of their tax to these people that could easily go and get a job ? i was one of those tax payers till a couple of years ago and i strongly believe benefits are thre to help people that are not in a position to help themselves , i do not see that as being ‘naive’ …

    Quoted because you contradict yourself in claiming first not to know of anyone having their benefits cut and then stating that you do know of such an occurrence. Again, the DWP spend significant amounts of money on combatting fraud but have failed to show the efficiency of the costs incurred in this process. The same applies to their ianbility to deliver benefits to deserving people.

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    disabled people are seen as ‘ scroungers’ because of people falsely claiming dla and have later been captured on the golf course playing a round of golf carrying their heavy bag of clubs without any difficulty …its because of cases like this that unfortunately we are all seen as ‘scroungers’ ! this is why as i said there should be more rigorous assessments to make sure the right benefits get paid to the right claiments …

    DLA fraud is minor in comparison to housing benefit fraud or tax avoidance by rich individuals and corporations, but it did not stop the government from using the media to target ALL people in receipt of benefits and label them ALL as scroungers and benefit cheats.

    @rachelmurphy wrote:

    we all know how difficult it is to get a job …tell that to our 3 18 19 yr olds looking for work for the last year and nothing !! they are all on jobseekers and feel totally demorralised as came out of school with 10 or more gcses grade c and above …i cant understand how you think it is ok for people to scrounge off the free handouts when you have people that hate living on handouts but have no choice ? are you an april fool or what ?
    get rid of these spongers and pay the benefits to people that rightly deserve them , that is what osborne wants to do , not to take benefits away from vulnerable people , get the welfare state right and he wouldnt have to make cuts to people would he ?

    According to the Newstatesman tax avoidance costs the UK £69.9 billion a year; almost 7 times greater than benefit fraud!

    If you look further than The Sun you can see a whole different picture, but then Mr Osbourne would be happy if you just accepted his word everytime at face value and not look to verify the facts for yourself.

    TygerTyger
    Participant
    Posts: 283
    Joined: 08/09/2010
    #85019
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    This is a very emotive subject. I do know of cases where people are receiving benefits they are not technically entitled to, the current reassessment and reviewing program should weed these claims out. sadly some genuine cases are also weeded incorrectly.

    Benefit fraud is estimated at 1.1 billion, tax avoidance is estimated at 6.4 billion, the cost of investigating and reclaiming will be considerable, the best that can be hoped for is to reduce the fraud and avoidance because there will always be some who miss use.

    Every newspaper article and television documentary will slant the figures to boost their bias, the absolute truth is that there will always be fraud and avoidance.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85020
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    I agree to all of your opinions. ;) Moreover I have also read that every year, billions of dollars of money that individuals are owed goes unclaimed, often in government benefits. A ton of free money is just sitting there, waiting for the rightful owners to claim it.Can they just send some notice to the beneficiaries? :x I’ve read it here: Billions of dollars in unclaimed funds still gathering dust

    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Posts: 0
    Joined: 01/01/1970
    #85021
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    Thanks mary – but we folks here don’t get paid in dollars.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85022
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    Thanks to the dollar lady for pointing out the disabled people do in fact underclaim
    not bleed the country dry.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #85023
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    This thread is about Mr Osborne out of the blue in the budget announcing that
    for no real reason he will be taking an extra ten billion pounds of cuts on the
    Welfare budget (a million pounds, ten thousand times that is).

    After all the cuts he has already visited on the disabled, this is staggering.

    How staggering this is can be shown by the fact that even Ian Duncan Smith
    has said this is completely wrong:-

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9233271/Ian-Duncan-Smith-attacks-George-Osbornes-extra-raid-on-welfare.html

    How bad a situation are we in where even IBS thinks the disabled are being too badly hit?

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #85024
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    And yet what IDS said today re: DLA only reveals him to be a hypocrit! :evil:

    TygerTyger
    Participant
    Posts: 283
    Joined: 08/09/2010
    #85025
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @tygertyger wrote:

    And yet what IDS said today re: DLA only reveals him to be a hypocrit! :evil:

    …and a smug arrogant one who does not know the price of a pint of milk (thanks Nadine)

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #85026
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @taungfox wrote:

    @tygertyger wrote:

    And yet what IDS said today re: DLA only reveals him to be a hypocrit! :evil:

    …and a smug arrogant one who does not know the price of a pint of milk (thanks Nadine)

    What is the price of a pint of milk?

    I don’t use the vile stuff so I don’t know, does that make me a pretentious snob?

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85027
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @amgmod wrote:

    [………..does that make me a pretentious snob?

    No, it does not.

    I therefore owe you and Nadine an apology that I am quoting her in part and out of context.

    Nadine Dorries was reported in the New Statersman and the Daily Telegraph both of 23rd April 2012, as having
    uttered the following paragraph ;-

    “There is a very tight, narrow clique of a certain group of people and what they do is act as a barrier and prevent Cameron and Osborne and others from actually really understanding or knowing what is happening in the rest of the country. I think that not only are Cameron and Osborne two posh boys who don’t know the price of milk, but they are two arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition, and no passion to want to understand the lives of others – and that is their real crime.”

    I do not know if this is the truth but it does fit in with well reported facts that these two gentlemen
    are multi-millionaires educated in private schools and the inference is presumably that they might
    not fully understand and have full empathy with the average working person in this country and that they might not
    be the right people to make the life changing decisions they are currently making for disabled people.

    I apologise unreservedly for any upset that I have caused to you or Nadine.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #85028
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @taungfox wrote:

    I apologise unreservedly for any upset that I have caused to you or Nadine.

    None taken and indeed I was not offended by her or your words. Just felt it was an extremely daft thing to say about someone, and thus insinuating that because DC nor NC do not know the price of a pint [milk or othewise] they do not have the merit for the job.

    Does she know the price? Good luck because like a majority of products sold these days it depends where in the country you are and which establishment you purchase such [ukk] elixir from.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85030
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @amgmod wrote:

    …Just felt it was an extremely daft thing to say about someone, and thus insinuating that because DC nor NC do not know the price of a pint [milk or othewise] they do not have the merit for the job…

    But “not knowing the price of a pint of milk” is just a metaphor (and not an original one) for someone being out of touch with the reality of everyday life for ordinary people. Which undoubtedly appears to be true of Dave and Gideon.

    Ms Dorries is an appalling publicity-seeker with some very strange and often abhorrent views. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with anything she’s said before. But she has hit the nail on the head this time (another metaphor).

    petered
    Participant
    Posts: 564
    Joined: 24/01/2011
    #85029
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @petered wrote:

    @amgmod wrote:

    …Just felt it was an extremely daft thing to say about someone, and thus insinuating that because DC nor NC do not know the price of a pint [milk or othewise] they do not have the merit for the job…

    But “not knowing the price of a pint of milk” is just a metaphor (and not an original one) for someone being out of touch with the reality of everyday life for ordinary people. Which undoubtedly appears to be true of Dave and Gideon.

    Ms Dorries is an appalling publicity-seeker with some very strange and often abhorrent views. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with anything she’s said before. But she has hit the nail on the head this time (another metaphor).

    Lol, I knew it was a metaphor, just making light of it. Are any politico’s or officio’s or medico’s ‘in-touch’ with us peeps on an everyday basis? Me thinks not.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85031
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    An amazing update on this thread.

    The Daily Telegraph todays reveals that the extra cuts on Welfare are likely
    to be 25 Billion pounds not 10 Billion Pounds :-

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9268411/David-Cameron-considers-extra-25bn-of-welfare-cuts.html

    So to sum up the position :-

    Mr Osbourne says no further cuts are required but because they look lopsided he will take an extra 10 Billion from Welfare.

    IDS says this is unnecessary, unfair and cruel.

    Mr Hilton the “Blue Sky Thinker” says the cuts should be 25 Billion on Welfare.

    Mr Cameron thinks this is a good idea as it will get extra middle class votes.

    Even though this is totaly uncosted and the LD’s not consulted Mr Cameron draws up policy papers.

    The “Blue Sky Thinker” emigrates to the Blues Skies of California.

    These people give me me “Black Sky Thinking”.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #85032
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    @taungfox wrote:

    Mr Cameron thinks this is a good idea as it will get extra middle class votes.

    He needs to be careful thinking like that, there are a significant number ofmiddle class peeps whose families are suffering from cuts to services, they may revolt and write an angry letter to their local newspaper, lol.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #85033
    Re: No More Cuts……..Except For You Crips….

    The announcement of the extra billions of Welfare cuts will be made tomorrow :-

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9351604/New-welfare-clampdown-could-axe-housing-benefit-from-under-25s.html

    The Telegraph says housing benefit will be stopped for the under 25’s.

    I know I am not fully qualified to make judgments on such matters but this does seem rather mean. Added
    to the existing new measure where under 35’s are only given enough money for a single room it is a
    massive change for young people.

    Libby Wiener on the news today said Mr Cameron was doing this because it was felt it would be popular with
    middle-class voters and could welll win him the next election.

    I thought you were supposed to do things because they are fair, correct and appropriate. Causing massive distress
    to hundreds of thosands of young people because it will please well off voters is an amazing logic. What next
    public floggings?

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch