Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • #75689
    Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Today was the glorious day when my new Porch / Scooter store arrived.

    Finally to be free…..just jump on the scooter press the button and go !!!

    The number one and only requirement was a level access mobility threshold.

    This is what they call a level access mobility threshold :-

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96969
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Feel gutted, upset and let down.

    No mobility scooter I have seen could manage this obstacle.

    They said ……oh well get a couple of ramps!

    Am I right to be so upset?

    I feel really ill.

    :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96970
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Oh :bang: good :bang: freeking :bang: grief :bang:

    They couldn’t find their own backsides with both hands and instructions.

    I’d be moaning at all parties involved about their definition of ‘level access’

    Yes, you are right to be upset and angry and you should tell them so!

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96971
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    I’m really sorry Mr Fox, only just seen this post.

    I’m afraid ramps won’t cut it mate, not unless they’re about a metre long either side of your step there. I can tell you that from Kristel’s experience with scooters. It will run aground in the middle as it doesn’t have high enough clearance &, if it’s anything like Kristel’s, your scooter is likely to have some sort of nut half way down the wheelbase (right in the centre on the underside) & that is very likely to catch half way over any obstacle.

    That door frame has to go.

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
    #96972
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Thanks the advice Woogy. You are spot on, a local person came round and explained exactly the
    dynamics of that.

    Amazingly the company have caved in and come in the morning to install a raised floor internally and
    a viable ramp on the outside. All I did was send them an email reminding them that it was not just me they were dealing with but the OT, people at C.N.S. who are overseeing this order as part of my ongoing Careplan.

    Very Big “Phew”.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96973
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Glad they have realised their work was not satisfactory and the fix will soon see you motoring down the pavement at 5mph, air horns blaring, wind in your hair

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96975
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    I hope all ends well for you, Mr. Fox. But the fact remains that you shouldn’t have been put through all the stress in the first place.

    Sybylla 8-)

    sybyllascarlett
    Participant
    Posts: 383
    Joined: 07/02/2012
    #96974
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    I agree Sybylla!

    A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

    sar78 sar78
    Moderator
    Posts: 2,246
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96976
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Getting fed up with companies.

    The other company cannot put my door entry system back either!

    Thanks your support!

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96977
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    It is becoming farcical .. So sorry you have become a victim of their incompetence at joined up thinking.

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96978
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Of Good grief! It’s these people’s jobs to get this stuff right so why are they so incompetent ? I hope that it’s a sorted now.
    Fingers crossed for you Mr Fox.

    Shellybear
    Participant
    Posts: 364
    Joined: 09/12/2010
    #96979
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    @woogy wrote:

    I’m afraid ramps won’t cut it mate, not unless they’re about a metre long either side of your step there. I can tell you that from Kristel’s experience with scooters. It will run aground in the middle as it doesn’t have high enough clearance &, if it’s anything like Kristel’s, your scooter is likely to have some sort of nut half way down the wheelbase (right in the centre on the underside) & that is very likely to catch half way over any obstacle.
    That door frame has to go.

    Woogy is so right. Ramps did not cut it. They came to raise the whole floor but just did
    two ramps. It all scrapes in two places!

    Added to that, The wooden internal one is plywood and The concrete one is starting to
    dust and degrade in just one week.

    Should have listened to Woogy. Getting experts in!

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96980
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    @taungfox wrote:

    @woogy wrote:

    I’m afraid ramps won’t cut it mate, not unless they’re about a metre long either side of your step there. I can tell you that from Kristel’s experience with scooters. It will run aground in the middle as it doesn’t have high enough clearance &, if it’s anything like Kristel’s, your scooter is likely to have some sort of nut half way down the wheelbase (right in the centre on the underside) & that is very likely to catch half way over any obstacle.
    That door frame has to go.

    Woogy is so right. Ramps did not cut it. They came to raise the whole floor but just did
    two ramps. It all scrapes in two places!

    Added to that, The wooden internal one is plywood and The concrete one is starting to
    dust and degrade in just one week.

    Should have listened to Woogy. Getting experts in!

    Soon be time to call the papers! This is disgusting service from ‘experts’. My wet room has never been right, the council organised it :bang: first mistake, I ended up with shoody work at quality price :no:

    I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

    I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

    AM
    Participant
    Posts: 4,751
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96981
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    @amgmod wrote:

    Soon be time to call the papers! This is disgusting service from ‘experts’. My wet room has never been right, the council organised it :bang: first mistake, I ended up with shoody work at quality price :no:

    Sorry you have had this type of experience too.

    Yes, we are calling in the Cavalry!. O.T. has been and is writing a letter saying “not fit for purpose”
    Care and Repair are coming to do a safety examination.

    "Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

    taungfox
    Participant
    Posts: 4,630
    Joined: 27/09/2010
    #96982
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    I’ve got neck ache from constantly shaking my head from all the above. Stress like this can have significant affect on both mental and physical health, zaps energy we cannot afford to waste. It also induces a lot of bad language!!

    A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

    sar78 sar78
    Moderator
    Posts: 2,246
    Joined: 05/03/2015
    #96983
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    It is shocking & no excuse for it!

    I’ve had good news and a pleasant experience today which shows how the system can and should work albeit after threatening legal action lol!
    My OT ( her boss as stand in as she’s not upto the job!) came out with Care & Repair , they’ve agreed to do everything I need no matter the cost! They’re combining the award for me & my daughter so we’ll get an extension to house a new accessible bathroom! Yippee!
    Well I won’t get too exited as the work isn’t done yet but it’s a start!
    It restores some faith.
    Good luck Mr Fox :P

    Shellybear
    Participant
    Posts: 364
    Joined: 09/12/2010
    #96984
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    ask for a body dryer. and closomate toilet. if your ots anything like mine they will be a well kept secret that they can supply this…

    """""""What doesn't kill you makes you stronger""""""

    Cat Cat
    Moderator
    Posts: 1,002
    Joined: 20/09/2010
    #96985
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    Oooh! a body dryer! That sounds lovely! They’re giving me a closomate or a similar brand that’s a couple of hundred cheaper, are the closomate’s better?

    Anyway I hope that they dirt that blooming porch out!

    Shellybear
    Participant
    Posts: 364
    Joined: 09/12/2010
    #96986
    Re: Very Upset and Shocked….!!!!…

    @taungfox wrote:

    @woogy wrote:

    I’m afraid ramps won’t cut it mate, not unless they’re about a metre long either side of your step there. I can tell you that from Kristel’s experience with scooters. It will run aground in the middle as it doesn’t have high enough clearance &, if it’s anything like Kristel’s, your scooter is likely to have some sort of nut half way down the wheelbase (right in the centre on the underside) & that is very likely to catch half way over any obstacle.
    That door frame has to go.

    Woogy is so right. Ramps did not cut it. They came to raise the whole floor but just did
    two ramps. It all scrapes in two places!

    Added to that, The wooden internal one is plywood and The concrete one is starting to
    dust and degrade in just one week.

    Should have listened to Woogy. Getting experts in!

    I take no pleasure in being right Mr Fox. I sincerely hope it gets resolved for you sir & as quickly as possible.

    @catatude wrote:

    ask for a body dryer. and closomate toilet. if your ots anything like mine they will be a well kept secret that they can supply this…

    Body dryer eh… I really like the look of that. Never seen or heard of anything like that before. I bet I can’t swing it to be installed by the my OT. Certainly can’t find £400 for it at the minute.

    Do they plug into the mains ? What’s the power source ? And who installed it ? I’d love to have this & would definitely invest in it if it could be installed. This is on the proviso all the other problems we have are resolved of course & we have a dramatic increase in income.

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self

    I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant
    Posts: 540
    Joined: 29/10/2010
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch