As an Ambassador you will be a representative for Muscular Dystrophy UK. You will use your influence and contacts with local small businesses and individuals in the South East to help build Muscular Dystrophy UK networks and fundraising partnerships.
As a Fundraising Ambassador, you will be:
- Introducing your Regional Development Manager to decision makers in local companies and community organisations
- Promoting small business involvement in our Go Orange day and Bake a Difference and/or any other suitable initiatives and events.
- Using your experience to help Muscular Dystrophy UK maximise returns from our small business partnerships and local media partnerships
- Making introductions to key community figures, groups and networks (e.g. MPs, mayors, WI, golf clubs, rotaries etc)
- Helping us to recruit skilled volunteers from your networks
- Providing feedback to help us improve and develop the way we work
- Attending events and meetings on behalf of Muscular Dystrophy UK. The events and activities the charity is invited to vary from large conferences or fundraising balls through to other fundraising activities such as supporter coffee mornings, quiz nights and cheque presentation opportunities
- Delivering key messages about Muscular Dystrophy UK. Speaking about muscular dystrophy and the work of the charity in fighting muscle disease
- Recognising opportunities to exchange contact details and develop relationships
- Feeding back to the Regional Development Manager on events, key individuals and any actions to be followed up
You will be confident in speaking about the cause and the work of the charity; developing relationships with key supporters and individuals as part of the process. Raising awareness of who we are and what we do is very important to the charity so we are looking for a proactive volunteer who will seek out speaking opportunities and make asks on behalf of the charity to attend events where further awareness can be raised.
Download the full role description to find out more and apply online below.