Getting a good understanding of the communities we are working in is a vital part to raising both funds and awareness for the charity and we simply can’t have the reach we need without volunteers.
You will be meeting new people in your community, and undertake research projects to expand the fundraising team.You will have the opportunity to develop new and existing skills in fundraising, management, communication and organisational skills and you will receive training on our CRM system Raiser’s Edge.
As Fundraising Research and Mailings volunteer, you will be:
- Researching potential targets for fundraising campaigns (e.g. lists of schools, voluntary groups, sports clubs, leisure centres etc)
- Building databases of contacts and keeping them up-to-date
- Writing letters/invitations to inform contacts of events or charity
- Undertaking posting out mailings of letters to contacts – this includes, printing, stamping and posting
- Providing your Regional Development Manager with research reports within agreed timeframes
Download the full role description to find out more and apply online below.