MDUK’s Muscle Groups and other support groups reach people through the UK. However it is important to have direct input from people who understand neuromuscular conditions and have direct experience. Support group chairs will have input in to agenda, speakers and organisation of the day and become a community leader at the local group.
You’ll get the opportunity become a community leader, develop organisational and presentation skills leading a warm and friendly group, and meet lots of great like-minded people.
As Support Group Chair, you will:
- Chair group meetings and shape each meeting’s agenda in discussion with MDUK staff.
- Support MDUK staff to publicise group meetings though local connections, encouraging new people with the condition to join forces with the charity.
- Discuss with MDUK staff about attracting a range of speakers for these regional meetings.
- Develop relationships with health and social care professionals in the region, working closely with MDUK staff to increase the number of people with the condition known to the charity.
- Providing a platform for the group to follow up actions from meetings to ensure that local services for our patient group are protected and improved.
You’ll be a strong communicator, a good listener and reliable and organised. You’ll have a broad understanding of muscle-wasting conditions and the work of Muscular Dystrophy UK and you’ll be able to run meetings in a positive and professional manner.
Please note, we only recruit Support Group Chair roles to groups where this role is currently vacant, we also ask that people applying for this role have had some experience of Muscular Dystrophy UK’s Muscle Groups.
Please do contact email@example.com if you would like more information. The locations that we are currently recruiting a Support Group Chair are:
- East Anglia
- East Grinstead
- Northern Ireland
- St Helens
Download the full role description to find out more and apply online below.