The role of Vice President is an honorary position offered to our most committed and influential supporters. Our Vice Presidents help raise the charity’s profile and income by encouraging others to support Muscular Dystrophy UK. They are ambassadors for our cause and take a proactive approach to increasing support.
Vice Presidents receive regular correspondence and information from Muscular Dystrophy UK to ensure that they are well informed about progress in all areas of our work including the annual Vice President Handbook.
Our Vice Presidents
- Peter Andrews MBE, MC (Honorary)
- The Hon. Michael Attenborough CBE
- Karen Attenborough
- Sophia Bergqvist
- Professor Kate Bushby M.D.
- Frances Carey
- Jeremy Champion
- Professor Patrick Chinnery FRCP FMedSci
- Ian Corner
- Candida Crewe
- Charity Crewe
- Sebastian Crewe
- Professor Dame Kay Davies DBE FRS FMed Sci
- Professor Alan Emery FRCP Edin FRSE
- Sir Alex Ferguson CBE
- Andrew Graham
- Dr David Hilton-Jones MA MD FRCP FRCPE
- Matthew Kelly
- Sarah Kelly
- Simon Knights
- Charles Manby
- Nicola Manby
- Andrew Martin
- Professor Francesco Muntoni FRCPCH FMed Sci
- Alexander Patrick CBE DL
- Valerie Patrick
- Jeremy Pelczer
- Julian Pritchard
- Bill Ronald
- Keith Rushton
- Sir Sydney Samuelson CBE
- Michael A Thirkettle
- Baroness Celia Thomas of Winchester MBE
- Professor Douglas M Turnbull MBBS (Hons), MD, PhD, FRCP
- Andrew J Weir
- Guy Weston
- Professor Matthew Wood MBChB MA DPhil
It is with great sadness that we mark the passing of our Vice President Alan Noble who sadly died on the 1st December 2018. Alan was a long term supporter of Muscular Dystrophy UK for which we are extremely grateful. Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.
Vice President’s Lunch
All Vice Presidents are invited to our annual lunch meeting of hosted by our CEO and Chairman. The meetings are the key forum in which we inform and thank our Vice Presidents.
During the meeting they get the opportunity to network with one another. They also receive a full update on our work and research from Trustees, members of the Senior Executive Team and other staff members.