Patients who are eligible under the terms set out in the Managed Access Agreement will be able to receive treatment at sites run by King's College NHS Foundation Trust in London, North Bristol NHS Trust and Southampton University Hospital.
Muscular Dystrophy UK and the other SMA patient groups were informed yesterday by NHS England.
Eleven centres in England now offer the treatment to adults. They are:
- King's College NHS Foundation Trust, London
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Southampton University Hospital
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
If you have any questions about accessing treatment you should talk to your clinician.