Skip to content

I’m in for Will is a family fund set up by Caroline and Robert after their son William was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in 2015. William loves playing on his X-Box, building Lego and spending time with his little sister Rosie and despite his condition he never stops smiling

Caroline and Robert, had noticed that when William started walking he waddled slightly as his left foot turned inwards, Mum Caroline said

“It was actually a lump in his neck that led to blood tests and gave us the result of the condition. We had made an appointment about his walk but never got to it as we got the blood results first. Once we learnt more about the condition we were devastated but we were not taking this lying down and since then with the help of our family, friends and local community we have tirelessly fundraised to find a cure.“

Since William’s diagnosis, the family and their amazing community have raised almost £70,000 for the Duchenne Research Breakthrough Fund. Supporters of the family fund have taken part in skydives, zip wires, family fun days to name but a few of the fantastic fundraisers that have helped them to their total.

Will’s dad Rob said

“You learn to take life one day at a time, you take the good days with the bad. You can’t control the cards you are dealt in life, but you can control how you play them”

You can follow I’m in for Will on Facebook.

I’m in for Will Family Fund has chosen to put 20 percent of the funds they raise towards Will’s welfare needs. They send the remaining 80 percent to MDUK and have requested we put it towards research into Duchenne muscular dystrophy.

Net proceeds from “I’m in for Will” will be split 80% for research into Duchenne muscular dystrophy and 20% for the family’s welfare

Join the Muscular Dystrophy UK community

Share your experience and find advice from others with similar conditions.